Saturday, December 16, 2006

Blaallet



Today was the day, the long awaited performance of The Nutcracker Ballet...for those of you who don't know, some weeks ago my 3 year old daughter saw a commercial on PBS for none other than the timeless holiday classic, The Nutcracker. She immediately told me she wanted to go to the ballet...I tried to talk her out of it, but there was no negotiating. So, I bought her a movie of the ballet thinking she might find it as boring as I did in order to dissuade her from wanting to attend. Foiled again. She LOVED it. So, like a good mom, I got a group of her little friends together and asked if they wanted to attend--a mommy daughter type event--if I had to suffer through it, so should other moms I knew. All agreed and we purchased some tickets. These are photos taken in the lobby at intermission...dancing with her BFF Alexis and hugging NC. Believe it or not, I did not put her up to hugging that frightening life-size nutcracker--I want to know what kind of nuts he's crackin'? She loved the ballet, and loves the ballet. I am glimpsing a future filled with tutus, bruised toes and eating disorders...But ah, she is cute when she gets all dressed up and wants to dance with 'the prince' (aka: daddy). There's nothing I wouldn't do for her--I'll even sit through every single one of her boring ballets.

2 comments:

Josie said...

that is so kayla! there is no mistaking that she is ALL girl. and how fun for you to plan the mother daughter thing. you're always so good about planning fun activities.

Grandmama said...

So I guess you need to send the snake to work in a most inopportune moment. Perhaps you could mail it to him somehow.