Monday, August 25, 2008

My Big Girl

Kayla had her first day of Kindergarten today! (sniff sniff)
I feel compelled to reminisce just for a moment...


Newborn


1


2


3


4


And here she is in her Kindergarten class--age 5! Oh how the years have escaped me!
And as a sidenote, Kayla really wanted these in her lunch for her first day of school--they are little rice balls with seaweed for the whiskers and eyes:) Yes, I made them, and yes, it was a teensy bit tedious getting those little pieces of seaweed cut and placed just right! I so admire all those Japanese moms who create Bento Box masterpieces!

5 comments:

Josie said...

wow! she looks so old! i'm glad i have been able to be a part of her life for so long now. she is so great, and so are those masterpieces you made for lunch. go lia go!

lmhiserman said...

I can't believe she started kindergarten. She can't be that old. Congrats Kayla! I'm sure she loves it and is the best kid ever. Loved the rice balls. I'm very impressed.

Nancy said...

i would like to learn how to make those rice balls. especially the ones with whiskers. :)

Cassy said...

I can't believe you've got a kid in school already! She is so cute!

Tiffany Johnson said...

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!! I love the rice balls! You have to send me the instructions! And thanks for your message on my blog. We have been criticized for doing it.. but it's nice to have someone agree and give us props! :-) Your little Kayla is adorable. And I can't believe how fast they grow up!