Tuesday, May 20, 2008

5 is a Magical Age...


Over the last several days since Kayla turned 5, I have discovered that there were a number of "magical" things that she expected to happen that actually didn't happen...which is why I found out about them...

Thursday May 15th:
Kayla: "Mom, am I gonna lose my teeth when I'm five?"
Me: "Yes, probably."

Friday May 16th-Kayla's Birthday:
Kayla: "Mom, I'm kind of afraid to lose my teeth...I don't wanna lose my teeth!"
Me: "Don't worry, it'll be fine...and when you lose a tooth, the tooth fairy comes and leaves you money in exchange for your tooth."
Kayla: "Gross--why does she want my teeth?"

Saturday May 17th (7AM)
Kayla: "MOM! Guess what I dreamed about?!
Me: "What?"
Kayla: "I dreamt I lost all my teeth and the tooth fairy came!"
Me: "Cool..."

Sunday May 18th
Kayla: "Mom, it's been 2 days already and still, no lost teeth."

She thought that on her 5th birthday all her teeth would fall out--I guess I should have clarified that one...

One of her other disappointments about turning 5...
Kayla: "Arrgh, I can't even whistle! 5-yr olds are worthless!"
PS: A little embaressed that my 5-yr old not only knows the word "worthless", but also knows how to use it correctly.



0 comments: