Monday, November 12, 2007

The Glass Castle

Has anybody read this book? I just finished it and I have to say, absolutely LOVED it. I liked it even better than the Secret Life of Bees and Cane River combined (and I really loved those books). The best part about this book is that it's a memoir--it's TRUE! This is the life of Jeannette Walls. Amazing. One thing I took away from the book is the resiliance of children--I'm a good Mom, maybe too good...in their extreme parenting philosophy, or maybe utter neglect and dereliction (you can never quite figure out which) the Walls parents made me think that maybe I need to be a little more willing to let my kids make their own mistakes. Anyways, great book, blew me away, you should all read it--as an added bonus, it's a super quick read, for all you moms and workaholics with very little time to yourselves!

3 comments:

Josie said...

ooh, excited. can't wait. especially if it's better than both those books COMBINED!

Cassy said...

Thanks for the tip! I needed a new book for my book club so I think this will have to be it since you're giving it such rave reviews1 :)

Josie said...

still stalking. still stalking...