Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sweet Victory


My precious, almost 4 year old fairy princess finally decided to go "poo-poo on the potty" last week--it only cost me 3 Power Rangers, a Polly Pocket and the Peter Pan Movie...oh, and this fairy costume she is wearing. Tough customer. But I must say, that after a YEAR of hard work, she is OFFICIALLY potty trained! She has been going #1 on the potty for a year, but has still been layin' it down in pull ups for #2. The situation had been taking a serious toll on my sanity at times. And in the blink of an eye, I'm sleeping better at night, my appetite is back, and the voices inside my head are gone. Just kidding, but I truly do feel a deep sense of accomplishment--if stranded on a deserted island for reasons beyond my control, my child just might survive on her own!
Bravo Kayla!

1 comments:

lmhiserman said...

Lia, I am thrilled for you and Kayla. Especially, you though! I was starting to wonder if the day would ever come that she would actually go #2 in the potty. She is smart to hold out for the good stuff though!