Friday, February 9, 2007

Snakey



So these are the cupcakes I made for Benson's birthday party back in December...I was immediatley struck by the amazingly realistic appearance of these plastic reptiles. Particulary, the one featured below...he has been the sole survivor and I will now explain how and why.

It all started later that evening when Ryan decided to hide the snake under my pillow...I was not amused. So, the next day I decided to hide it in his shoe. And for some months now, we have been continuing on like this. Some have been very successful in conjuring my signature "haaaa" gasp, and some have not. But, I have to admit, this morning's snake incident was pure genius. I put on my sweat pants this morning as I was going to stay home and do some laundry today--I have zipper pockets on these particular pants. As you may know, we don't have laundry in our condo, so I have a key to the laundry room. I went to place my keys in my right pocket as I always do...the zipper was zipped up...strange, because I never do that, but whatever, I throw the keys in my pocket. Standing in front of the laundry room door with my basket in one arm and our laundry bag stuffed full of clothes slung over my shoulder, I reach for my keys...I pull them out and what pops out of my pocket and falls onto the ground? "Haaaaa"--"stupid..." I believe were the exact words out of my mouth.
So, I need your suggestions...ball's in my court and I am fresh out of new ideas. Shoes, done it, bedstand drawer, done it, book, done it, backpack, done it,... I need something evil and original.
There's no time contraint, I will await the perfect moment to strike.





0 comments: